There's a great thread over at the DISBoards where guests that have stayed with us before are posting their tips for planning and packing during your stay with us! I thought that some of the information could be really helpful, and I wanted to share a link to that thread on our Boards!
- Here are some of my favorite tips:
- You can get a free paper in the Gift Shop.
- You can get a discount in the Gift Shop if you have any annual pass to DL.
- If you get there before check-in and your room isn't ready, they will hold your bags and have in the past brought them up to our room.
- You can get a pool key and change in one of their restrooms, while you wait for your room.
- If you preorder groceries and are arriving after check-in they will put your perishables in the fridge. And other items in your room.
- I see some people bring their own pool towels but you don't need to, the pool areas have towels available and they are good size.
- Bring a power strip
- Bring a nightlight.
- If you leave the building take your room key. I took stuff out to the car at about 6 am on our departure day and the automatic doors required my room key to get back in.
- I try to remember to bring our own Tylenol or Ibuprofen (for those end-of-the day muscle aches), some cold medicine (just in case), water, lots of snacks and plastic zipper bags to put them in for carrying around during the day, and an ice chest with small milks, cheese, and fruits and veggies for the fridge because I would rather be spending my money on food and stuff in the parks than convenience items in the hotel store.
- As for the walk over to the park, you save time by walking on the Disneyland side of the street. Cross at the crosswalk from HOJOs to Mimi's then cross Harbor immediately at the crosswalk at Mimi's. The park side walk somehow always feels more pleasant to me. At certain times of the day it is shaded, and it is always less crowded than the hotel side across the street. You save steps at the end of the walk by cutting in through the opening to your right just pass the bus stops (rather than waiting until you reach the light and the entrance cross walk that everybody still on the other side of the street will be using) and cross through what used to be the taxi area but what now seems to just be a throughway for all the trams and buses.
And if you want even more great advice, here is the link to that thread!
Hope this helps!